Author Archive: Samantha Prophet
Therapists and counselors can play a key role in managing mental health issues. Everything from addiction, anxiety, abuse, and mental illnesses can be better managed using therapy. However, finding a therapist to fit your specific needs can be a challenge. The choices can be overwhelming, even if you just narrow your search to Plano, Texas. Below are some tips on finding a great therapist and my personal recommendation for counselors in Plano.
Identify Your Needs
You might not know exactly what is wrong, how to express it, or how to fix it, but odds are you can lump it into a broad category. Identifying what it is that you’re struggling with will make it easier to find a therapist that can meet your needs. For example, if you are suffering from substance abuse, it wouldn’t do much help to go to a grief or divorce counselor.
To help better identify your needs, there are several questions you can ask yourself. What symptoms are you experiencing? If identifiable, what brought about these symptoms. For example, you may be extremely overwhelmed and anxious if you are in the middle of a big move, lose your job, or have an unexpected medical problem. How is it affecting your quality of life?
Research Therapists Specializing in Your Needs
Once you have identified what type of therapist you’re seeking, research a couple in your area that specialize in your needs. Many times a therapist will specialize in more than one thing, such as substance abuse, grief counselling, and depression. But sometimes a therapist will specialize in only one area, so it is important to always do your research.
Glean as much information as you can by looking as at reviews online and at the therapist’s website. Some therapists offer a free, short, in person or over the phone consultation so that you can get a feel for them. One of the most important things when you are considering a therapist is how comfortable you are with them. Some people just do not click, and others click right away. When it comes to therapists it is much easier to talk and listen to someone you click with and you’re comfortable with, if you aren’t comfortable with your therapist, it will be hard to really fix your problems.
If you are needing help with any of the following:
- Stress management
- Substance abuse
- Alcohol/chemical addiction
- Grief issues
- Bipolar disorder
- Spiritual issues
then I highly recommend Brittany Bridges, LPC at Kairo’s Counseling, based out of Plano. She is a great all all round counselor and she is extremely supportive. In my time working with her, I have never felt judged or ignored. She has worked with me and helped me set goals for myself and then accomplish those goals. I love that she always makes me feel like I’m making progress. Sometimes it is hard to see progress when you are in a hole, but I pretty much always leave her office feeling a little better, or like I had at least a little progress.
Are you in an area of Toronto that you find to be a risk for flooding? Maybe you’ve had problems with your basement in the past and are fed up with the costs that you’re receiving in order to replace items or materials in your basement or foundation. In this article, we’ll discuss the general benefits of Toronto basement waterproofing companies for those that are almost ready to take the plunge financially.
The Dangers of Water Meeting Concrete
Up front, we’ll let you know this important piece of information: water is capable of breaking down concrete, and it’s inevitable if not taken care of. Water encourages weakness in the concrete, and sometimes, it can destroy said concrete rather quickly. Walls that tend to be load-bearing are more susceptible to danger if water begins breaking them down. Once the concrete is weakened, your entire house could crumble.
The Advantages of Waterproofing Your Foundation
Let’s get to the meat of this article: the benefits of waterproofing your foundation. If the above mentioned wasn’t enough for you to call your local contractor, hopefully these benefits will encourage you to.
- The prevention of mold and mildew from spreading to your floors and your walls: it’s worth noting that the longer mold builds up, the more susceptible it is to become dangerous toxic black mold. When this is running amuck in your home, you run the risk of respiratory issues. Those that are younger or those that are elderly will most definitely acquire a sickness when this isn’t removed.
- A definite reduction in maintenance costs and the potential clean-up: Those that are in flood-prone areas know the costs of a rain storm coming their way. Every time, there’s something little you have to spend money on to fix, and when you waterproof your foundation, you won’t have to worry about that anymore. The only costs you’ll be spending is on slight maintenance every so often; like check-ups at the doctors. Waterproofing your foundation ensures that your area will be clean after a flood, and there’s minimal you have to worry about; if anything at all.
- Ready to sell? Waterproofing increases value: Those that are searching for a home in the dream area will want something that comes with all of the perks – even if it comes at a little higher price. When you waterproof your foundation, you immediately increase the value; especially in flood-prone neighborhoods.
Steps to Take Before Waterproofing Your Foundation
Before you take the plunge and contact a contract, you’ll want to do the following before waterproofing:
Make sure the area in question is dry and pretty clean. You’ll want to take a type of scraper and remove any type of paint that’s peeling, floor coverings, etc. Then you’ll want to get as much dirt off as possible. Sometimes, a warm water and soapy composition will allow you to get most of the dirt off from the walls. It’s worth noting that a professional can do this for you before starting the waterproofing process.
If you don’t want to do this next step, you can call someone to help, but you’ll be able to do this yourself for those DIY lovers: patch the holes in the area using a type of expanding concrete mixture. You’ll want to let this sit for 24 hours before doing anything.
The Final Verdict
At the end of the day, if most of your walls or structures in your home are load-bearing, and you find that you’re in a more flood prone area, you shouldn’t wait a minute more to receive Toronto foundation waterproofing. If you don’t, you run the risk of compromising your home’s structural integrity. Make sure to look for the warning signs of damage on concrete surfaces, as this most definitely signifies an underlying issue that could compromise the strength of your structure.
If you’ve been suffering in silence with gastrointestinal issues, you’re not alone. A lot of people grin and bear it, and attempt to treat their condition with over-the-counter medications—however, this is dangerous and not recommended. Always speak with your regular doctor about gastrointestinal issues that are outside of the norm, like lower GI issues that last longer than a standard stomach virus, or go away only to come back repeatedly. These are warning signs that your issue is a chronic illness that won’t get better without treatment. When this happens, your regular doctor is the first person to go to for help, and you should always speak with them as soon as you suspect something isn’t right. After a preliminary diagnosis, your regular doctor may refer you to a GI doctor (aka a gastroenterologist, a specialist in the GI tract) to confirm the diagnosis and provide expert care and treatment.
However, not everyone has a regular doctor who can refer them to a specialist. Or maybe you do have a regular doctor, but they presented you with a list of gastroenterologists in your area and told you to pick one—this can be a daunting task.
How can I find one of the best GI doctors in Florida?
When your doctor gives you a list of GI doctors to pick from, that can simplify the task of choosing one. However, if you live in a rural area in Florida, there may not be any gastroenterologists in your area, and you may have to look to a nearby larger city in the state for help. Looking for a physician in an unfamiliar city can be confusing, but it’s important to remember the key tips of choosing a well-known, well-liked (by their patients), and well-educated GI doctor in Florida, who has had many years of experience in diagnosing GI disorders, treating them and performing procedures. Positive experience is key in finding the best GI doctor in Florida for your needs.
Dr. Vigram Tarugu, is board certified in gastroenterology, and is the Medical Director of Endoscopy at Florida Hospital Orlando in Orlando, Florida.
Dr. Kashi is trilingual in English, Spanish and Farsi, making her a great resource for patients who don’t speak English as a first language. Dr. Kashi has practiced medicine for over 17 years, and went to medical school at Nova Southeastern University, finishing her medical education at John Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
As Medical Director of Endoscopy at a major hospital, Dr. Kashi has done a wide variety of GI procedures as well as endoscopies, such as gastric balloon surgery for weight loss, colonoscopies and other GI diagnostic and treatment procedures. Conditions she has treated range from things like GERD and Barrett’s esophagus to autoimmune disorders of the GI tract, to cirrhosis to IBS and many more.
As a general rule of thumb when looking for the best GI doctors in Florida, do your research and choose someone who is liked by their patients, well-educated and good at what they do. When you factor in all of those things, especially the last two, you would usually have a good experience.
Ladies, if you want your man to help around the house more, try getting a Dyson vacuum and put him to work vacuuming. Yes, I am a man and I admit to enjoy vacuuming. I wouldn’t do it without a Dyson vacuum.
Dyson DC14 Complete – The perfect Vacuum for tile floors
The best way to describe my Dyson DC14 Complete is that it’s like having a space age looking upright vacuum cleaner with shop-vac like power. Yes, I own a shop-vac and use it for almost everything. However, it is nice that I don’t need to use it in the house. The Dyson vacuum cleaner’s sleek design is great. The extra attachments work wonders in the places they need to go. It picks up everything with ease, and since I have a cat that means it gets a workout.
With the Dyson DC14 Complete came the normal brush, flat head or stair tool, and crevice attachments, as well as the soft dusting brush, mini turbine head, low reach floor tool, tile floors and mattress tool. I would presume that is one of the reasons it’s called the Complete – it came with nearly all attachments. With all of the gadgets, I feel like it should have it’s own toolbox. Yes, if you are like me and you are a gadget man then you deserve the DC14 Complete.
But does it really do what it says it does? Yes! I’ve had my Dyson vacuum for two years and I do not have a complaint, neither does my wife because she doesn’t have to vacuum the tile floors. It comes with a lifetime HEPA filter and it does seem to filter the air. The last vacuum cleaner we had lost suction and seemed to pass dust back into the air as well as kick particles around with its spinning bristles (noted by feeling particles, like cat litter, pelting my shins). Using the Dyson I see its power and don’t feel flying debris.
If you have animals I would recommend the Dyson DC14 Complete. They also have the Dyson DC14 Animal that comes with many of the similar attachments. I’ve used the mini turbine head every time I vacuum to clean furniture where the cat has been lying. The cat hair is gone in a flash.
The canister will get full and will need to be emptied. Perhaps the only part of the vacuuming that is the least fun. I just remove the canister from the Dyson and take it out into the garage to dump into a garbage bag. Dumping the dust is just as easy as a push of a button, reattach the canister and you are back in business. Every so often you will want to wipe out the vacuum’s canister with a damp cloth, but that’s not too difficult.
According to this article from MrCleaning.net, the Dyson has a number of upright vacuum cleaners that are within anyone’s budget. They have different types that come with different accessories in all of their upright vacuum product ranges – DC07, DC14, DC15, DC17, and DC18. It spoke volumes that while the Sears salesman was giving me a demonstration of a Dyson vacuum a couple walked up and said they have one and absolutely love it. You can’t buy better advertising than strangers willing to share positive feedback.
Many Dyson vacuums have auto-carpet height adjustment, no bags to change or filters to buy. However, if the man in your house is like most men, it’s about power. Just like any power tool, car, or yard equipment – does it have power? Absolutely! According to Wikipedia, “the momentum of particles is so high that even cigarette smoke particles separate from the air.” That’s why I have one and perhaps that’s why you should buy your man a Dyson and convince him to start vacuuming. Tell him it’s like mowing the lawn, except indoors. This is really the best vacuum for tile floors, period.
I ordered a latte today at a small coffee bar. To my surprise, I was asked what flavor did I want? When I replied in somewhat of a puzzled manner, the young person helping me was equally caught off guard; everyone orders a latte with a flavor. The worker again asked if I was sure I didn’t want a flavor, to which my request to the contrary was restated.
A soy latte is about the only coffee drink this writer ever orders away from home, usually because so many coffee shops either don’t make decent brewed coffee, or the espresso is of the West Cost Roast variety which is not a favorite.
When the ordered latte was sampled, it seemed a little obvious to me why “everyone” asked for a flavor, because it certainly seemed like espresso of the WCR variety, which was confirmed when I asked where they got their espresso from. The reply indicated from the same supplier as Starbuck’s. Since Starbuck’s is their own supplier I figured that might mean Sysco, since they supply many grocers with Starbuck’s coffees.
While we have Starbuck’s to thank for awakening this country to Specialty Coffees, and the increase of independent coffee shops across the country, it seems that maybe the monster has gotten to big and we are paying the price.
Saying that simply means that at one time there were enough suppliers to satisfy the demand of such a big roaster. Even more, the personnel who manned their stores were well trained in the art of being a true barista, fully skilled in making the various espresso based drinks from start to finish. Flash forward and today instead of the hand pulled shot the espresso machines have been replaced by “idiot proof” , fully automatics that grind, dose, make the shot, leaving the steaming of the milk to the employee along with any foam, flavorings or froth.
Having the best home espresso machines that has a boiler and simply extricates the espresso with crema, still requires me to grind, dose, tamp and froth. Pretty basic stuff for making an espresso that tastes good. But tasting good is only part of what makes a good espresso, and the preparation alone cannot make up for an espresso blend that has too much robusta or has been roasted too dark, or both.
So what generally happens, and not just at Starbucks, but anywhere the coffee customer has never been educated, is the addition of all the other add-ins to hide what would otherwise leave an unpleasant taste on the back of the tongue.
There has been so much ado about espresso based drinks, that many people really don’t appreciate what really good, freshly roasted, correctly ground just before brewing, a 23 second pull at the right temperature, and consumed within the next 10 minutes or less espresso shot is like. Once an appreciation for the taste of espresso by itself is realized, the additional drinks take on a different taste as well.
And just in case, there are as many blends of espresso as there are blends of 100% Arabica coffee. Well, that may be over the top, but you can rest assured there are a boat load of espresso blends. Blends of Arabica would include coffees like Breakfast Blend, Jamaica Blue Mountain Blend, Kona Blend, an the list goes on. Just to add a little more confusion green coffee beans in reality are blended from the source of origin, meaning of the 580,000 growers in Colombia, there may be 4,000 members of one cooperative who have had there crops mixed together. The good news is the quality control in countries like Colombia is among the strictest in the world, which is what keeps them at the top of the Specialty Coffee producers.
So blends are when beans from two different sources of origin, or when Arabica and Robusta beans are mixed. Only within the last 6 months have huge commercial the likes of Folgers and Maxwell House stopped blending the bitter and sour tasting Robusta beans into some of their newer offerings. This is a fantastic change for coffee lovers in the U.S.
In short, Robusta is why so many of us have always added cream and/or sugar to regular brewed coffee, or made it so weak that it doesn’t even resemble coffee. Brewed coffee made from 100 % Arabica beans that are single origin, freshly roasted and ground just before brewing, will amaze those who have never tasted it before.
And you can be sure of this. There is not a Starbuck’s, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, or McDonald’s that can boast of a 100%, single origin, Arabica, freshly roasted within the last 48 hours! So if you’re judging what is good coffee by those standards, you’re in for a surprise. Just go to any reputable, independent coffee shop, or any roaster where you can get freshly roasted beans. A great start is a good Colombian Supremo, and right now very affordable.
You’ll pay upwards of $10 at any grocer for 12 ozs. of bagged, pre-ground or whole bean coffee. Even the bulk coffee which sells on the average for around $8 per lb. is not fresh. Most roasters will offer freshly roasted, class A or 18 screen Colombian for around the same price or a little less. This writer can purchase it for under $5 and it’s great.
So, in summary, you can be a follower and do what everyone else does when it comes to espresso-based drinks or brewed coffee, and you’ll get the same results. Or not! Your taste. Your tongue. Your choice.
For every man beard symbolizes masculinity, those who have capably developed a full grown moustache or beard would fine themselves greatly admired in peer group also by ladies. Maybe that is why men are so much interested in growing their beard and today how to grow a full beard is one of the popular search terms of on Google. So here are some useful tips following which growing beard turns out easier and that is too naturally.
- Exfoliation: Really exfoliation of skin is much needed. This really helps in removing the dead cells, it also fuels the hair growth. So those who are into exfoliating skin would be having faster beard growth.
- Washing face: the moment you will be washing face with warm water using mild cleanser, facial hair growth accelerates.
- Using herbs: among varying herbs Eucalyptus is known to hasten beard growth, one needs to take Eucalyptus as prime ingredient and massage all over the face it helps in growing beard faster.
- Repairing skin: you need to ensure that while sleeping you are using something to repair your skin to promote beard growth, there are number of serums and creams available for repairing damaged skin there are number of vitamins and minerals which help in speeding up the beard growing process.
- No ingrown hair: if your face is having lots of ingrown hair, you need to keep tab. You need to depend upon some home remedies which help in hindering the ingrowths.
- Biotin: it is said that talking 2.5 mg of biotin helps in growing beard faster.
- Stay relaxed: the moment you are staying relaxed, you will find beard is coming up more quickly when you are having no stress and there are number of beauty and health experts who believe that stress is one of the reasons that prevent beard growth. Yoga and meditation helps in experiencing better result.
- Increasing Protein: it is better to increase the amount of protein like meat, eggs and fish. They help in growing hair quickly.
- No snapping or trimming: it is better to stay away from frequent trimming and shaping, when it is completely grown, then the beard should be trimmed.
- Itching should be prevented: while experiencing rashes and itching, it is better to make use of hydrocortisone for face.
Buying The best gaming desk Is a must
- Without the best gaming desk, gaming excitement and pleasure hardly reaches climax, even when the gamer is having Microsoft XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii or Sony PlayStation 3. Even the old Personal Desktop is incomplete without a desk.
- When the gaming platform is not comfortable enough avid gamers may feel interrupted from time to time while staying awake all night and playing though Grand Theft Auto or Metal Gear Solid 4.
- Now the computer desk is meant to provide gamers some relaxation as they play for hours consistently, so the desks are prepared for gaming consoles also for the desktop computers with exclusive gaming orientation.
- The desk literally prevents the gamers from receiving any injury or developing any complications issued out of consistent game playing.
- While talking about injuries there is carpal tunnel syndrome that develops in those gamers who are bent on using a non-ergonomic mouse.
Why desks are so much important for a gamer
- Apart from preventing injuries and varying medical complications gaming desk permits gamers to arrange all the gaming accessories right at one place.
- For every gamer, this is really very much important an aspect.
- It happens with gamers quite frequently that they often lose the mouse while lunching an important raid or killing enemy in a Zombie match.
- Gaming enthusiasts who are bent on playing games are seen to increase in productivity while playing games with desk.
- Desk comes with multitasking abilities, as the new age desks are designed in such manner gamers do not have to go out for food or drinks, they can keep on desks.
- They may stay glued for hours and go on playing. With next to no difficulties it becomes easier for the gamer to become a prominent and active member of gamers world.
How gaming desks can be procured
- Today number of online e-commerce sites is seen to be trading in desks.
- There are number of ways to compare and purchase a desk even without living home.
- According to need, demand and specification one can buy the best gaming desk, there are online catalog of items available, browsing which new types of desks can be explored.
- There are stores like Amazon, or eBay where such desks are available in huge number.